
ICANN72 | Virtual Annual General Meeting – ccNSO: Council Meeting
Thursday, October 28, 2021 – 10:30 to 12:00 PDT

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Hi, everyone. Welcome to today's ccNSO Council Public Meeting on the 28th of October. My name is Kim and, along Cathy and Claudia, we are the remote participation managers for the session. Please note that this session is being recorded and follows ICANN's Expected Standards of Behavior.

During this session, questions or comments submitted in chat will only be read aloud if put in the proper form, as you can see in chat. I will read the questions and comments during the time set by the chair and moderator of this session. If you would like to ask your question or make your comment verbally, please raise your hand and when called upon, kindly unmute your microphone and take the floor. Please state your name for the record and speak at a clear and reasonable pace. Please mute your microphones when you are done speaking.

This session also includes automated real-time transcription. Please note that this transcript is not official or authoritative. To view the real-time transcript, click on the Closed Caption button in the Zoom toolbar.

And with that, I'll hand over the floor over to Alejandra Reynoso, our ccNSO Council chair. Thank you.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you so much, Kim. Welcome everyone to our ccNSO Council Meeting #177. Just as a quick reminder, please all councilors do add “Council” to your name tag in Zoom so we can see you better.

And for everyone, I will post in the chat also the Wiki link where we have all the materials that will be discussed today.

With that, may I ask Kim if we are quorate.

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Actually, can I defer that to Bart because I have not been watching?

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay.

BART BOSWINKEL: Yes, you are.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Bart. Okay. So it has been a quite an intense ICANN meeting and we have many things to discuss.

Let's move on to Item #2, Relevant Correspondence. At this time there's no relevant correspondence for the items that we are discussing in the agenda. However, there is a link for you to see all correspondence that we either sent or received.

And moving now to #3, Minutes and Action Items. The minutes of the past Council call have been re-circulated today, so I'm not sure if you had any time to review them. Is there any comment so far?

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: They look fine to me.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay. Thank you, Stephen. And again, if you feel like there's any other comment you would like to make, don't hesitate to send a note to the mailing list.

Moving to the Action Items. And to this, we have a bit of an update on the Tech Working Group. They were going to review their charter, and I want to ask Stephen if you want to share anything regarding next steps.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Thank you. I'll be brief here. First of all, we did have a really substantive working group meeting on Monday, I believe it was, with several really, really interesting sessions.

With regard to the charter, Bart's been doing the heavy lifting on this. We have a draft. It has not been circulated to the working group or to the chair of the working group. It's beauty is in its brevity. It's three pages. And I think it does cover what it needs to cover.

We'll be working on this going forward and hope to shoot for the November time frame and sharing with the working group. It may get

pushed back to December, but I think, hopefully, we can get it before Council at the November meeting. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay. Thank you very much, Stephen. We will look forward to seeing the draft.

Then we have the update on the Triage, but we will discuss that on Item #12.

Then also, there is the action item regarding the Council to request MPC to suggest updates on the meeting guidelines to reflect various meeting types. And we will see that on our Item #14. It was deferred until this meeting. Since there was an announcement that in ICANN72 there will be a plenary on hybrid meetings, we wanted to have all the input first.

Then all other action items are completed. Any comments on this? I see none and no hands up. Okay.

So moving with Item #4, Inter-meeting Decisions. Since our last call, we have two appointments and a couple of decisions following the Triage Committee recommendations. Any comments? I see none. So again, I thank you so much.

Moving now with our written updates or any updates from the chair, vice-chairs, and liaisons. Are there any additional comments from liaisons or any questions from councilors regarding the written updates that have been circulated? I'll give you time for that.

I do have a couple of updates. I had a one-on-one meeting with Maarten Botterman. It was just a very nice call to get to know each other better since we haven't had the opportunity to speak since my appointment as ccNSO chair. So it was a very nice conversation.

And also, there was a roundtable. It's the usual roundtable before any ICANN meeting where the SO/AC chairs say what they're focusing on in the ICANN meeting. There was also a proposal from Göran that you might have heard today at the Board meeting regarding having a 90-minute standing session on legal and geopolitics sort of plenary session.

I believe that the ccNSO remit is not there to discuss such things, though we can of course benefit of the information that has been shared. But there is no actual detail on how the session would be organized or who would participate and what would be discussed. But it's something that is up there for us to think about. And if you have any immediate thoughts, please let us know.

Giovanni, I see your hand up.

GIOVANNI SEPPIA: Yeah. Alejandra, thank you. It's not about what you were just saying, but if you have finished, it's an update on the update on the SOPC work.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Oh, I just have one more thing and then I'll come back to you then. The other thing that was discussed in this roundtable was this press

community ad hoc group that has been proposed to follow up on the Work Stream 2 recommendations, specifically on good faith and diversity.

There was not much detail shared regarding how that group would be working or who would be appointed to that group. But it was still, again, mentioned in the agenda.

And I see Pablo has his hand up. Pablo.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ:

Thank you, Alejandra. I just want to make a brief comment regarding the previous mentioned regarding Göran's proposal. I agree with you that that is not quite in the remit of the ccNSO.

I also believe that while it could be helpful to identify how we can work closer with governments, it is a very individual thing from operator to operator. Not only are we not all made equal, as we all know, but in addition to that there are different relationships between operators and government, changes from the very close to the very distant. And that is something that, in my opinion, needs to be discussed more profoundly and finetuned before we were to ever consider it. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Thank you, Pablo. And just take a temperature of the room, really, how would you feel about having this standing plenary regarding those topics? Because I will be asked this question again and I would just like

to see how you feel about having it? Should we have it? Should we allow it to be there?

If you agree, then put your green tick. If you think that's maybe not such a good idea, maybe your red cross, please. Okay, I'm seeing only green ticks so far. Okay. So I see that having the session wouldn't be such a bad idea, so okay. Now how the details and who organizes it and how the ccNSO [fits there], that's another thing. But thank you so much for your input.

Any other comments regarding the update on the roundtable? If not, then please, Giovanni, you have an update on the SOPC?

GIOVANNI SEPPIA:

Thank you, Alejandra. Indeed, two days ago we had a very interesting session of the SOPC and other attendees. It was an open session with the ICANN Planning Department, and it was about the ICANN prioritization project which is one of the operating initiatives that are included in the ICANN Planning.

We went through four elements of this exercise which were the scope, the frequency, the participation, and the techniques. And ICANN is really looking forward to deploying a pilot phase for this prioritization exercise. And the pilot should take place early next year.

So I think that, for all of the ccNSO and especially the SOPC members, it's going to be very important to be engaged in this exercise because the input that they will collect from this exercise will be instrumental to

them for the blending of the different activities and, of course, the allocation of the resources.

So the next update from ICANN Planning now will be, again, early next year. The SOPC participated, I must say, quite proactively although I was expecting a bit more. But it was a good engagement and we are really looking forward to having ICANN planning providing us a further update on this effort. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you so much, Giovanni. I agree that it was a great session. And indeed, the interaction was really good. Thank you.

And moving along, I want to ask if there is any update regarding the ccPDPs other than the ones that are on the written update. Okay, I see none. Thank you so much.

So that concludes the part of all updates, and now we are entering the items for discussion. So the Item #10 the appointment of Sean Copeland as chair of the ccNSO Guideline Review Committee. So before moving forward, I would like to see if Sean is still willing to be the chair.

SEAN COPELAND: Yes.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay, just checking.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Are you sure?

SEAN COPELAND: Ask me in a few weeks. Maybe in a few months.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: There's no going back. No, just kidding.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Thank you for stepping forward.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you so much, Sean. So here's the decision. Well, are there any questions first before I read the decision? I see none. Okay, so I will read the decision now.

The ccNSO Council appoints Sean Copeland as chair of the ccNSO Guideline Review Committee starting at the closing of ICANN. The ccNSO Council wants to thank Katrina's Sataki wholeheartedly for being the chair of the Guideline Review Committee since its creation in December 2014.

Any questions regarding the decision?

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Let's pour the concrete around his feet.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay. So may I ask for a mover?

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: I move.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay. Stephen moves and Pablo seconds. Thank you so much. Then we shall vote. So please go for your green ticks if you are in favor or your red crosses if you're against. And I see lots of green ticks. Thank you so much. And for good measure, may I ask if there is anyone abstaining or not in favor?

SEAN COPELAND: I'm abstaining on [technicals].

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay, Sean. No need to abstain, but noted.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ: Green ticks and thumbs up.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: So this has been approved. And congratulations, Sean, on your new role.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Thank you, Sean.

SEAN COPELAND: Thank you so much, everyone.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: And just to put you on ... Well, not trying to put you on the spot, but doing it a little bit anyway. Would it be a good idea to let us know how were the recent strategic sessions? How did they result or any outcomes that you saw in the sessions that you having within the GRC to find your new path?

SEAN COPELAND: In terms of the secondary group or in terms of the processes that we've been going on within the GRC?

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: The GRC as a whole.

SEAN COPELAND: So we've been doing these various exercises and getting feedback from people that are participating, which I think is very, very interesting. I think there's a real understanding. And Bart's ears will ring here, but he's even acknowledged it in the notes, that knowledge transference is really, really critical for us. And enabling this within the GRC is going to be a positive for the community going forward. That's my big takeaway.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Sean. By any chance, do you expect any update of the charter?

SEAN COPELAND: When this all comes out and we've gone through all the exercises, I do believe that the charter will be updating. I know that conflict of interest is something that is coming up to our discussions. If any of you notice the notes that I put into the thing that Joke took out, which was probably correct, I do anticipate that the GRC will become the arbitrator for conflict of interest which would take on a change to the charter, for example.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you so much, Sean. Well, we look forward for the upcoming work and also for the expected update. Thank you.

SEAN COPELAND: You're welcome.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Moving along, now we go to Item #11. It's an update for the Council elections and next steps. Well, we had our Q&A with the potential councilors and it was, at least to me, very interesting to see that the common topic discussed was bringing new blood and mentoring and seeking new people for the Council, which I think it's good that we keep that in mind since ...

Well, we've discussed this before. And from the ccNSO review, it was also something that was observed that maybe there should be a term limit and it was discussed. Though it was agreed that no formal term limit was going to be there, though maybe three terms was a reasonable measurement of, "Should I go now from the Council or should I bring someone new?" But something to think about.

Do you have any other observations or comments regarding that particular one? Okay.

Q&A? Yes, Pablo?

PABLO RODRIGUEZ:

Thank you. I believe that the session was very interesting. It provided an opportunity for all the participants and those of us over there in the Q&A engaging with other members of other constituencies. And that was very interesting, specifically that question about diversity, especially gender diversity.

There was a question regarding that all of these members that are coming on board are all males. And I made it a point that, "Wait a minute. In this instance they're all males. But if you take a look at the ccNSO in general, women have a very strong participation in leadership roles. And that has brought tremendous new air, new oxygen to the ccNSO. I applaud it."

And I mentioned a number of you—Alejandra, Irina, Marie-Noémie, Laura, and so many others. And that enriches the ccNSO. And my point was trying to continue to promote the participation of women. And so

I'm really happy about that, and I'm very proud the ccNSO is an excellent example of gender diversity. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Pablo. Nick.

NICK WENBAN-SMITH: Yeah. I think the question about term length and diversity and ensuring participation was an interesting topic of discussion. I think for my part, I haven't 100% committed, but I don't see myself doing more than two terms of three years. I think that's plenty. And somebody else is very happy to take on my thing afterwards. And I don't want to be stuck here forever boring you all. So I think it's something that we all need to take a little bit of responsibility for.

But certainly, my reflection on the gender diversity question and other parts of it—the age diversity was also a subject, right—we each represent a region. And the electoral college, if you like, for each seat is regional. So I think we need to basically take this back to each of our regions and our regional organizations to try to find ...

Because I think the point was well made that you can't just become a councilor like in a parachute and just drop in and understand all the history and where we are in the various PDPs and all the acronyms and stuff. You need to have a bit of a run at it. So we need to nurture a candidate pipeline, within our regions, which is age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, all of the things to try to get a good balance. Some short people, some tall people. No, I'm ...

But you know, we need to do that on a regional basis in the EU. I'm obviously speaking for the EU. There are quite a lot of ccTLDs to choose from and there's lots of staff within those ccTLDs who would make excellent councilors with a little bit of coaching and mentoring. That was my main action out of that session. In the next couple of years, I need to think a bit about—obviously, fingers crossed, right—I'm elected unopposed.

But when it comes to my turn to rotate out, I want to have done my part for that exercise to have helped in a small way. And I think each of us individually make small changes but collectively, hopefully, that will make a difference over time.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Nick. Jordan.

JORDAN CARTER: Just really briefly, I wanted to say that my takeaway from that was that we do need to all think about what we can do in our organizations as we bring participants through into the ICANN environment to make sure that we are bringing a diverse crowd along, whether that's online or in person and when we eventually get to see each other face to face again because we have to do that.

And I was very offended at being called middle-aged during the forum at 43, but I guess my hair ... And actually 43, when you think about it, is more than middle-aged. So I've survived that assault on my dignity.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Jordan. Stephen.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Thank you, Alejandra. Jordan, you should not worry about that at your age. Trust me. I just want to echo what Nick said regarding terms. I'm not sure there should be hard limits, but I think in terms of fostering new talent, it makes sense for two and out. And I leave it at that. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Stephen. So as a very brief summary, I think we do have a responsibility to seek for the new people that will come to the Council. So we need to start working as soon as possible with the ones that are already within our community. Or if not, get them involved so when the time comes, we can have a potential, well, not necessarily successor, but candidate.

So with that—

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: If I may I interrupt you, Alejandra, I just want to say for the North American region, this a particularly vexing problem. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Yes. Completely understandable. Pablo, you were going to say something else.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ: Thank you, Ale. Regarding the bringing of new blood and developing new future leaders, we need to seriously start looking at a path on how to do that. And we need to align how the ccNSO works with NomCom, NextGen, and the Fellowship Program. Normally, we don't pay much attention to that. Eh, NomCom a little bit more. Right? But perhaps the Fellowship and NextGen, it's like many of the people that I know—and you are one of them, Alejandra—are people that love what you do and are engaged in helping others.

But we as a group, as a supporting organization, we need to start thinking about this from a strategic point. And we need to start thinking about developing leaders who are familiar with what we do, such that when the point comes, they can come through the NomCom. There will be a harvest of them available in NomCom, and we can bring them over.

But it takes time to develop these people. I think that individuals like Stephen and Roelof and Patricio—and so many others that have many years of experience and they have a bounty of knowledge to share—can help out little by little. Right?

We can start bringing those newbies and introducing them to them so that they can come back to them with questions. “What do you think about this? What do you think about that” and [informing] them. And at some point, we'll be able to bring them over. Thanks.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Pablo. Biyi.

BIYI OLADIPO:

Okay. I tried very hard not to re-echo to the things that everybody has said. But Ale, you will know this is something that is very dear to my heart. And for me, I think what we need to do is to be very deliberate about the things that we will do.

So my suggestion would be, Pablo, OISC—[less the COP] portion of OISC—let's see how we can fashion out things that we can deliberately do to ... I don't know if it's going to be regional, if it's just going to be a general thing. But let's be very deliberate about bringing new people in.

Like you said, it takes time. Until my third or fourth ICANN meeting, I didn't understand what was going on. Okay? So it's going to take a while to build people who will come up to speed, and they will be very productive when they come on the Council.

So let's start from now to deliberately say, "Let's do things that will bring people in." So starting with OISC, let's see what structures we can put together to start to bring new people and get people interested in coming on to join the work that we're doing. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Definitely. So I see now you have another task that was already in your [mind, so take on it].

May I ask that now Joke, please, if you could give us an update on how the Council elections are going, please?

JOKE BRAEKEN:

Hi, Alejandra. Hello, everyone. Yeah, happy to do so. So the Q&A was actually in preparation of potential elections. And for most of the regions—for the African, European, Latin American and Caribbean, and North American regions—there will not be any elections because only one candidate was nominated and seconded within the period of the nominations. So the nominated candidates will then be selected to serve on the Council. Terms start at the end of the ICANN73 meeting in March next year.

Regarding the Asia Pacific Region, there are two candidates and there will need to be an election held for this region which will start on the 10th of November and will end on the 24th. The vote will be, as usual, by confidential e-mail. Ballots will be sent out shortly before the start of the election. And if anybody from the Asia Pacific Region has any questions regarding where the ballots will be sent to, I'm happy to look into this.

That's my update. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Thank you very much, Joke. And good luck to both candidates for the Asia Pacific. And we'll see how the election goes.

With that, I would like to move now to the next item on the agenda. It's the progress on the expanded role of the Triage Committee. And with this, I'm handing it over to Jordan, please.

JORDAN CARTER: And thank you, Alejandra. Good day, everyone. There was a little snafu with the paper circulated for this because I sent it to the wrong e-mail list. I sent it to the Triage list not to the secretariat. So I circulated it around the Council list last night, maybe 12 or 14 hours ago.

Can we have that paper on screen, Kim or Joke or Bart? Is that possible?

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Yeah, I'll hunt it down. Just a moment.

JORDAN CARTER: Cool, thank you. Fortunately, it's a short paper. There are three key points to let you know about. One is that as we've analyzed the process of prioritization, we've realized that behind it, there actually needs to be a clear agreement on what our strategy is as the ccNSO. If we don't have a clear, easy-to-use strategy, then any prioritization method is likely to just be responding to events that are happening either in the community or the ICANN environment.

And while that's one way to do things, that's what the methodology called PACE that's in this paper deals with. It isn't enough by itself. We have some long-term goals. Some of them take a lot of time. Some of them are tricky to achieve. And just having a bit of clarity around our strategy will let us do two things. It will give us something to balance any more short-term prioritization with. It will help guide the creation of our annual 2-year work plans.

And it will also help other parts of the ccNSO's work, whether it's the OISC's work or the IGLC or the SOPC. [inaudible] give a kind of agreed basis for what the ccNSO's priorities are. So that's the kind of thing that hadn't really come clear to us until we started to dig into this.

The second thing I just want to mention is that we think we should use the PACE methodology that Council has used a bit in workshops. Bart and the staff team have introduced this before. And that just is a method that says the things that have the biggest impact on your goals and take the least effort will get prioritized and done first. So it's kind of obvious in a way.

But some of the important work we do doesn't fit into that. If you think about a PDP, it's a lot of effort and it's not all that quick. And the impact, we can debate the impact on that in terms of the overall impact on ccTLDs. It's work we have to do, though. So that's why we need the strategic goals as well as any kind of prioritization.

And one of the discussions that we need to have about prioritization is what work we seek to prioritize. We're thinking we would apply this to the incoming requests that come to Triage all the time through the secretariat first. And then we would take a look at the next year's work plan which we presented to Council for consideration in March.

Some of the work is business as usual administration or work that has to be done according to the bylaws. And one of the discussions we will have in the Triage Committee is whether we should even prioritize that at all or just say, "It's work that has to be done. We'll focus our prioritization thinking on things that are discretionary for the ccNSO."

And then we think that within the strategic plan that we're proposing we do, there needs to be a bit of a sense of priority as well.

And to enable all of this work, we need to update the committee's charter so it would become a bit of a broader group leading planning. So at the moment the staff prepared the work plan and just give it to the Council. So the Committee would provide a reference point for the wonderful staff that we get to work with, and we would be doing the monitoring or reporting on progress against the plans and helping drive the creation of that strategic plan as well as the existing deal with work requests.

So we think we will update the charter to be consistent with that. And I'd welcome any guidance about whether we just bring our revised charter to the Council or whether we need to take it to Sean the GRC first to get a check at that level.

And so that is really about it. I think one of the suggestions for discussion is whether we need to change the name. "Triage" is a term that means dealing with things as they arrive. Right? Disposing of incoming things you don't expect. I always think about a hospital emergency department when I see the word. And probably we need to keep doing that. But it's probably a Planning and Triage Committee in the future, rather than just Triage.

So the recommendations are to secure agreement that we will [be dealing] with the work plan and a strategic plan and using the PACE methodology and authorizing us, if it's needed, to update our charter.

So Alejandra, that's all I've got as an update. I don't know if any other Triage Committee members have got anything to add to the presentation, and we can have a discussion.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Well, thank you so much, Jordan. I don't see any hands yet from other members of the Triage. And it was a lot of information in a very short period of time.

For one of your questions, if the charter should be reviewed by the GRC, I think it's not the case because this is on the planning on the work of the ccNSO, and it's what they Council does. So maybe the draft should come straight to Council and we'll discuss it then and we'll see how it goes from there.

JORDAN CARTER: Okay. We can probably do that for the November meeting then.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Oh, okay. That would be really great. What I wanted to ask you—and I know maybe others haven't seen the document yet, so they will have an opportunity, of course, to read it and then ask more questions afterwards—is if you have thought on how things are going to be done because we now see what needs to be done, as in the “what.” But how? Do you have any [inaudible] on that?

JORDAN CARTER:

The first thing that we've had to do is to get ... So in terms of applying this prioritization, we need to define our terms. If we're going to use PACE, what big/small piece of work is and what an impact measure is. So we'll do that as a committee and then try applying this to the incoming triage requests. And I think we'll get the secretariat's help with doing that.

In terms of the “how” I think there's a proposal that if we're going to have a strategic discussion, to do a workshop on that in February. And I see a really super simple strategic plan coming out of that, hopefully. But in terms of the exact methodologies that we use in either of these cases, we need to develop those after the Council has agreed to the approach.

So one of one of the points I didn't finish was that to see the plan in a tool that we can assign priorities to and that is more dynamic than the wonderful ...

I don't know if anyone has ever immersed themselves in the mind maps on the PDF or the long Gantt chart that Bart brings us as the plan, but we want something that's a bit more alive and visible. And we've been experimenting with a tool called ClickUp. We linked to that in this paper that people could explore if they like.

So ideally, we can monitor the plan in a system like that where the plan is the report on the plan as well, to avoid double work. So just trying to explore with some of those more novel tools.

I don't know if that answers your question, Alejandra, but that's where we're at.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Yes. Thank you very much, Jordan. And Nick, I do see your hand. I just wanted to say one more thing.

Jordan, would it be okay if the Triage Committee organizes the workshop then? Because I think you have the clear view on what would be needed for that workshop.

JORDAN CARTER: Yes, I think so. But in terms of a workshop to think about the strategy, I would want a contact point at least from the other committees to volunteer for pulling a workshop together like that. Or at least participating in it to be advised, because we need to make sure it's a plan for the whole ccNSO.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: I think that you can be the [starting] point and then contacting the others to contribute.

JORDAN CARTER: That seems fair, yep.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Jordan. Nick.

NICK WENBAN-SMITH:

Yeah. The only thing I was going to add was that I did look at the existing terms of reference for the Triage Committee and it did have in it a requirement for review within two years. And the date of the last reviewed already gone over two years, in fact. So it just made me think about refreshing all of the terms of reference for all of the committees and just making sure of that good housekeeping in terms of governance, documents, version controls, dates of review, when they're coming up and stuff.

It's a complicated thing, but if it's set up in terms of administration properly, then it shouldn't catch us by surprise because it was only because we we're look at the terms of reference with a view to expanding the role of the committee that, really, I thought to even, to be honest, actually read them again.

And then I [inaudible] that the date had gone past and it just made me wonder if other committees' terms of references are in the same place and how do we bake that into, say, committee workflow so that we don't go over review dates and amendment dates and that sort of stuff. So that was more of sort of a process point which came out of this.

And, yeah, it obviously, as maybe one of those sort of legal drafters in the Council, it's just something I'm sort of sensitive to. And I was also struck by some bits of the terms of reference that are very, very detailed and prescriptive about how things are done in terms of format. And other parts of it were fairly high-level or non-existent. So it's going to

take a little bit of work, I think, to get in shape. It's not sort of a rubber-stamping operation.

I think it's going to be a little bit of, probably, one or two goes at it in order to get feedback and whether we've got the balance right between detail and coverage and discretion. [But I] don't want the committee to be so bound by prescriptive terms that it doesn't actually have the flexibility or discretion to do things effectively and quickly.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Nick. And that's a very good observation. So as a starting point, maybe we could ask the secretariat to provide a list of the current charters and their review dates so we can have a clear view for now. And then we will keep track of them afterwards. Thank you.

Any other comments on this topic? I don't see any more hands raised. Thank you very much, Jordan.

JORDAN CARTER: Thanks.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: With this, we move on to the next item. That is the ccNSO governance session. And for this, we have Sean to give us his observations as the rapporteur of the session. Please, Sean.

SEAN COPELAND:

David gave a brief history of the subgroup and the current timeline to open it up, and then the meeting moved into a process of reading the room in a series of rapid-fire question format.

Over the course of the meeting, some 17 polls were taken with about 40 people voting in each. And I found that the engagement was very positive and something for us to build upon.

One area that had a lot of comment was on our voting procedures, and this led to a repeat poll and a changing of opinions for the subgroup to consider.

I'd also like to point out that with the exception of the voting procedure, the poll results were all getting a relative super majority. This is something we need to pay attention to in light of a subsequent article that was posted to the subgroup by Joke from CENTR and the recently concluded PDP. I say that because, statistically, there's a definable tolerance that exists, and if we can come to understand what that is, we can better serve our membership. And as the PDP shows, our members are more than willing to participate. This merely confirms to me that we are on a path to meet our actual silent majority in the middle.

Saying all of that, the very part of the session I found to be the most effective, the rapid-fire format, is also weakness, given the native language issues.

And Irina, I am paying attention to your comments before the start of this meeting. I do believe that slowing down the process is not the

answer. I do believe it is with translation services, with Irina's comments earlier, relevant to how we actually implement that.

That's my comment.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Sean. I would like to invite now other councilors that we're not participating in the session. That means Irina and Stephen, please refrain just a little bit to see if any other councilors have any other comments or observations right now.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Alejandra, I'm happy with his summary. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay. Thank you, Stephen. Irina, please.

IRINA DANIELIA: Thank you, Alejandra. And thank you, Sean, for the great summary. And my only personal observation is that I'm a little bit worried with having only 40 people participating in calls. I don't honestly recall how many attendees did we have. But not too much, I believe.

So this means that the topic is quite important from one side, but from the other side it does not attract enough attention from ccNSO memberships. And that [inaudible].

Back to you, Alejandra. Thank you.

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: May I say something [inaudible]?

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Yes, of course.

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: Yes, I was interested to see that the speakers started first with a representative, Chengetai, talking about IGF. And after that there was also a big role for the EuroDIG because ... Well, the European Internet Governance Forum. And it was interesting because it's true that they have to use it for [inaudible].

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Marie-Noemie.

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: I'm sorry. Can you hear me?

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Yes. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I think you're passing to the next topic already and we're still in the ccNSO governance one. Are you talking about the hybrid meetings?

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: Yeah, right. I thought that we were talking about that. Sorry, sorry.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: No problem. I'll come back to you when we get there.

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: Okay, Bye-bye. Thank you. See you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Okay, Irina, regarding your concern, I agree. It's a real concern. But also, we could see that maybe, again, the issue with time zone and people not being able to join this particular session. It could be that they will see the recording afterwards because we are doing such a huge—how do you say—communication on the mailing list saying, “We've done this webinar. Here's a recording. Here's the document.”

I am hoping that we have more people interested later, but I do agree with you that 40 participants might not be a huge number. So we still need to get more people.

Now please, Kim, if you have the governance session slide deck, I would like to see the roadmap if possible. We have a slide there. Just to see the next steps and what to expect.

KIMBERLY CARLSON: I don't have a governance session roadmap. Can you send this to me because I've got a—

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: It's the same presentation on the governance session. But I can share it with you if I find it quickly. Wait a second there. Almost there.

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Thank you. I've got the DNS abuse slides, but not the governance session slides.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: I have it here, so I'll send them to you on Skype.

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Thanks.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: There. Nothing that cannot be fixed. And speaking about fixing things, if by any chance you stop listening to me or something, please send me a WhatsApp because my Zoom is glitching a little bit now. And it has happened before that it just breaks. Hopefully it won't happen, but just to let you know while the slide comes up.

So there we are. Thank you so much, Kim. So we had the presentation on the final rules, and then this goes back to the GRC now because they had a specific session on what they need to do to update the rules. And they will produce the final report and then any recommendations that they suggest will come from them. So that's what we expect to happen next.

And then if everything is okay, then we go to the Council to initiate the voting. And then, of course, maybe do another webinar to promote the changes and keep expanding the communications regarding what we will be trying to do and take the members' vote.

So that are the next steps. Any questions or comments regarding that? And as you've seen in the presentation, we do have a section regarding the decision of the participant role in the rules. It's not there yet. It will be added later because there are some guidelines that are still being developed regarding that particular activity. So the proposal is to have these new rules adopted first, and later a request for an amendment when we have a clear path on the activities of the additional participants.

And that's it. Any questions? Comments? Yes, Irina, we will promote the topic. If not more comments, then I'll pass to the next topic, Item #14. It's the ICANN hybrid meeting. And for this, I think Pablo will do the reporting.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ:

Thank you very much, Ale. This was a very [active] session in which I have a vested interest because, as you can imagine, ICANN73 has been scheduled to be celebrated in Puerto Rico. So it is of the utmost interest to me to understand what is going on regarding remote participation in that session.

There were a number of panelists and participants. There was a Barbara Povse, Chengetai Masango, Sandra Hoferichter, the GAC representative Anna Goulden, and also Ashwin the ICANN CIO.

And the one thing that has touched my heart all the time is that some people, from my perspective, okay—I'm speaking strictly from my perspective—continue to speak as if this is something new as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, ICANN has always made it a point to ensure that remote participants could interact with us as much as possible. However, since February of last year, ICANN has doubled their attention or tripled their attention to finding new tools and ways in which one can interact and participate. And Ashwin made a comment regarding that.

But I also found very interesting Barbara's comment that for CENTR's meeting, they are dedicating about one-third of the budget for that particular meeting to remote participation. On the other hand, Chengetai from the IGF mentioned how they are keeping remote participants together in some sessions. In some working groups, they're keeping remote participants together and presential participants together.

So for some reason, he says that their experience has been that it's so much easier and sometimes they've had hiccups on that and they're working on it. And I'm sure that we all have had that experience.

Furthermore, Anna Goulden from the GAC talked about what they found when they asked the GAC about whether they would participate in ICANN73 presentially, out of 21 responses 14 of them were either

highly or very highly likely that they would come presentially. And it seems to me with the people that I've been speaking to from other regions, that there was a similar sentiment. This is above and beyond whether you have the vaccine or the social distancing and so on.

But can we ensure that the remote participation be entrusted and be as good an experience for remote participants as it would be for those who are there presentially? And it seems that we are in a good position ... Again, this is strictly my perception. It seems to me that we are in a good position that tremendous steps have been taken by ICANN org to ensure that that occurs. And when we can see, we are no strangers to that. As a ccNSO Council, we have been experiencing how each time, staff continues to upgrade and develop new ways in which we can interact and how we can use different breakrooms and how we can generate these immediate calls and so on.

So we have been increasing the way in which we can promote the remote interaction in leaps and bounds. So I'm very pleased. I'm very pleased when what was discussed there, and I am confident that this will continue to increase and get better.

It is expensive in many cases. For ICANN it's going to be very expensive in continuing to develop something similar to what the IGF is doing in Poland. They have gone above and beyond what is expected, of what I would expect from a remote participant. But it all depends on how big is your budget and how creative you can get.

But at this point, based on what I saw and heard in yesterday's session, I am very pleased and I am very excited of what's [come to be]. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you so much, Pablo. So many exciting things that have been presented. And we'll see how they will get incorporated or not in the ICANN meetings.

With this, I would like to give the floor now to Marie-Noemie.

MARIE-NOEMIE MARQUES: Thank you very much. Sorry for earlier. I was a bit quick [inaudible].

What I can add ... Thank you very much, Pablo, for what you said. It's really comprehensive already. But what I would like to add is that I understood also that it was said that what will be very important in the future is to try to have the same level of connection because this is really an issue.

I also understand from the discussions that to a certain extent, we are going to continue with the hybrid [meeting]. Sure, but with more remote participation than before the pandemic. And maybe it will be on par. I don't know. But I believe that until the pandemic is all controlled and governments don't give access to their countries, for sure I think that a high level of remote participation will be needed and ensured.

So the idea that technology has to be a level ground and we have to achieve a feeling of inclusivity, [equitability], and globality. So I felt that

these words were important as objectives to be reached within ICANN or within the community, for the community, as they were looking at future meetings because it's true that we do not know when it will be fully available for everybody just like before. So ICANN intends to ... Well, with the idea to offer a platform which would be available to anyone.

So considering this, they need to think about every means to ensure this type of success or objective. Well, that's just my addition. Thank you very much.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Marie-Noemie. Any other comments? Pablo.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ: Thank you. Let me take this opportunity to send a shout out to Anriette Esterhuysen who has been working with the IGF and a colleague from NomCom—a NomCom alumni with me.

IGF has developed this application that allows you to click on a queue. And regardless of where you are, even if you were there presentially but for some reason you are in your hotel room and there is an ongoing session and you cannot make it in time to the room, you can always click on that application. You can be part of the queue, and they will call you and you can participate from wherever you are. Whether you are in Puerto Rico or you're in Poland. It doesn't matter. You can still participate.

So that is fantastic and something to think about, that perhaps we can integrate it in what we do.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Thank you, Pablo. With this, I would like to ask all of you what do you think are our next steps now? Because we've done a mini workshop on hybrid meetings, and the results have been sharing in the mailing list. And then now we have a summary of the plenary on hybrid meetings. What do you suggest we do as next steps? What do we want, for example, from the MPC or the OISC, looking at hybrid meetings?

Pablo, is that a new hand? No. Okay, if we don't have any specific thoughts right now, I think we can revisit this in November. So we have some time to digest all of this information and to see the way forward for us as the ccNSO—how do we want to shape our sessions in the future hybrid meeting format even though we don't have yet any confirmation that we will have one in Puerto Rico, though we're hoping to have one.

Please do think about this. I will come back to this in November to see how you propose we move forward with this information. Thank you, everyone.

With that, I would like to move now to the next item. That is Item #15 on ccNSO and DNS abuse next steps. So for this, we have a summary presentation. And now I will ask Kim, please, to display ...

My Zoom is freezing a little bit, but here we are. I see that there is the roadmap. So what happened? We had this session yesterday during the ICANN72 and it was a very broad consultation because we wanted to

know what was the perception of the community as a whole on what the ccNSO role is regarding DNS abuse.

So in the first part, well, there were some suggestions that were presented. And in the second part, there was some polling regarding the summary of those suggestions. So here, what I want you to have a look at first—if we can go back to the roadmap, thank you—is where we want to get with this. So we've been talking about how this is an important issue, that we are hearing the community. And now we need to, well, to follow what we are saying. So we need to [go].

So with this, I warn you that I will want some volunteers to do some work because we need to prepare for the next steps on what we want to do with the results regarding this session. And now, yes please, can we go to the next slide?

So these statements were presented to the audience and they were ranked. Here, these statements were a summary on what was presented, and this is how they were ranked. Can we go to the next slide?

Here, these statements have been carefully clustered—thank you to our secretariat—to see where there are common topics. And we see that, for example, we have five of them that are regarding sharing of information or best practices. Also, we have one on ccTLD focus, outreach, and promotional role. There are five of them. You will have this presentation, of course, posted in the Wiki to have a further look at it. I will just move a little bit swiftly through this. We can go to the next one, thank you.

So here are the other two main topics that were discovered. External non-ccTLD outreach or promotional role. And finally, how to organize the efforts. So this is just a brief summary on what was gathered. Can we move to the next slide, please?

So with this, we want to develop a plan. Right? So what is the ccNSO expected in the area of DNS abuse mitigation and how to organize these efforts, if any. So what would be very good is to have a plan ready for discussion on our Council call in December. That will be the goal.

Later do a webinar with the hopes of being able to present something to the community on ICANN73 and to gather their feedback on the plan because, again, this was just a broad session in listening mode. We gathered all the information we could, and now it is up to us to have a plan in place and present it back to the community and get their feedback and see if what we present therefore has support from the community.

And for the development of this plan, I want people to volunteer and think about this. I wanted to set these goals just straight ahead of you so we are focused in what we need to do. And with that very brief overview, I would like to see if Nick has any reflections on the session or anything that we should be aware of. Please, Nick.

NICK WENBAN-SMITH:

Thank you, Alejandra. I had a lot of really nice feedback after the session from participants from not just the ccTLDs, but outside of the ccTLDs. So friends in contracted parties that it was really useful discussion. And

they also added some comments about how when we're talking about the DNS abuse topic, it was very civilized, I suppose. There wasn't too much fighting over things, even when we weren't in agreement.

So I think that was a really nice testament to the tone of the session that we had and the way that it was organized and the way that we ran it. So I think it was a successful session because it was done in quite a bottom-up sort of way by collecting the suggestions and then triaging them. And yes, it's not like formal votes, but went through, I think, quite a methodological process to identify what are the right areas to focus on.

If you go back to the results, it seems to be pretty clear that what we currently do as the ccNSO way of working around sharing information and best practices is something that we should continue. And so that that came through very strongly. I think there was 100% support for the first one, so that's ... [I've never] seen that ever before.

So there's a long a lot of support for the ccTLDs to continue talking about this and sharing and promoting best practices, as I kind of emphasized that we already do. So in a sense, it's not really a big change. But perhaps it's the fact that it's not perceived as something that we do or there's not enough focus on abuse mitigation in the ccTLDs.

I think the obvious thing to focus on is more how we organize ourselves to do this. And I think the suggestion of ... It was clear from the discussions that this wouldn't fit within the existing terms of reference of the TLDs OPS group, but maybe we should set up a parallel group

with the same sort of structure and organization, but with the remit to be the place for global coordination amongst the ccNSO for best practices, sharing information, case studies. It could be the framework where ...

There was a lot of talk about ICANN's DAAR project, the Domain Abuse Activity Reporting tool. And I think there's a lot of skepticism amongst ccTLDs about this as some have signed up for it. But I don't know whether, really, I myself ... I've looked at the number of times. I don't really understand because we measure our own abuse and I don't know whether we would get anything extra.

But perhaps that's the place for discussion of people who participate in it to sell the benefits to explain to other people who are not in it. So that would be quite a nice thing to do. I think that's the obvious area for something new.

There are a lot of interesting discussions about things which are interesting possibilities, but may be complicated or too difficult, or maybe it wasn't so obvious that there was a lot of support for, or maybe the effort would be very high for the return being uncertain. These sorts of global lists of abuse domains. And there are a lot of operational questions around what would we even do with it. Who would run the database and things?

So a lot of practical areas, but I think that was my main take home. And I think it was a really great suggestion. So just to have a look at some of the comments here in the chat around whether we should participate.

I think that's where I think we should focus on. I'm very happy to help in terms of volunteering to continue that conversation.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Nick. So that was going to be my next question, as in who volunteers. And you are the first. So thank you for that. For everyone else, again if you can volunteer ... Well, if not right now just let us know. Otherwise, we will reach out to you. But just to give a space to other councilors to say something regarding the session. Do you think there's any obvious track on the suggestions? As Nick said, the making of a working groups was one of them. But does anybody else see any other?

Peter, I see your hand is up.

PETER VAN ROSTE: Thank you, Alejandra. Hi, everyone. Let me first start with stating the obvious, but yesterday was an excellent session. It really got the discussion moved to a different level, a level where we're starting to think about practical consequences of all the talks we've had in the last decade, probably. And I really thought it was a good idea to get external view brought into the discussion, even brought into a discussion on what does the ccNSO should be doing.

But I think we really need to be careful with using these numbers. I mean we're 15 or 20 minutes into this session where we're discussing this and I haven't heard yet—and it was already signaled in the chat by

Roelof—that indeed this might just simply not be representative of what ccTLDs want.

And I know we'll get to a point where we'll figure out whether this is actually what ccTLDs want, but yesterday we created an impression with a large group, amongst which there's leadership of the GNSO, ICANN leadership, GAC leadership, that the ccTLDs would want—and I'm looking at the one that stands out for me as something that, at least in the CENTR community would be controversial—a code of conduct on how to deal with abuse for ccTLDs which, in the poll received a majority. We should have been much clearer that this not a ccTLDs or a ccNSO view. It was a ccNSO session, but it didn't necessarily—it might—but it didn't necessarily express the ccTLDs' view.

What we have created now is an expectation out there that this something that ccTLDs want to pursue. If we fail in pursuing that because we might feel that our own community is opposed to it, we will have to disappoint the outside world. If we try to pursue this against the interests of our community, we might create friction in that community. So regardless of whether this was a really good exercise—which I think unanimously everybody probably felt very positive after that session—please be careful with those numbers.

Also when presenting them here to this mainly ccTLD group, it's ... I don't think there's an English term, but the French call it *fait accompli*. It's become a fact rather than just the limited view on this important issue.

So my only point is, please keep on putting these numbers into the perspective that they deserve in which we [held] that poll. Thanks.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you very much, Peter. Definitely, as you clearly pointed it out, this was a broad consultation and now we need to follow up with the community whether whatever was mentioned there is something that the ccTLDs want the ccNSO to engage in. So thank you for the remark, and we will keep it very present.

Nick, I see your hand is up. Is that new?

NICK WENBAN-SMITH: Yeah. So just very briefly. I totally hear what Peter says, and I think when it comes to things like code of conduct, I'm very cautious about how that ...

But I think that needs to be discussed over a longer period of time within the CC community and probably the DNS abuse best practices working group would be the place for discussion of that topic, if it wants to be taken forward or not.

And like I put in the chat, the most important thing from my perspective was to show that the CCs are talking about DNS abuse. Otherwise, other people like ALAC will come in and perceive a vacuum, or that we're ignoring this, and come in and have sessions on this question about CCs and DNS abuse in their own work streams like we saw with the last ALAC thing which was not great in terms of us having to then firefight.

But the point actually is a very important point of English grammar and vocabulary. And the English for *fait accompli* is, in fact, *fait accompli*. So we took it from the French.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Thank you, Nick. Any other comments on this topic? If not, okay. Then just think about this important work and please do volunteer to the making of the plan for next steps. Can we go back to our agenda? Yes, thank you.

So the next item is the next meetings. This is a suggestion of our next meeting, though just keep in mind that those are until February are because we will sticky recheck if these times are still the ones that we should be looking for. After Council election, we'll see what happens.

And the next topic is the Any Other Business. Does anyone have any other business? Giovani.

GIOVANNI SEPPIA:

Thank you, Alejandra. I need to make an announcement because after 13 years at EURid, I decided to go for a new challenge. And the new challenge is a position at ICANN which has just been announced, I think one hour ago on the ICANN blog. And it's in the team of Xavier. It was, I know, a sort of [suffer] decision because after such a long time within one registry.

At the same time, EURid has just been reappointed as the registry manager for the .eu top-level domain for the next five years from 2022

by the European Commission. So I believe it was the right time to make the decision and move forward and explore a new area. And I'm really happy that, being part of ICANN, I will continue to see you all around, hopefully in person, in the future. So thanks a lot.

And as I said, we'll stay in touch. I will liaise with Alejandra in the coming weeks for the ccNSO Council and also for being chair of the SOPC. But I will attend the next two calls of the Council until the end of the year. I will be on duty. So thanks a lot. And indeed, yes, I was told also that in the ICANN blog it is written that I'm a veteran. So it's nice to be called veteran after over 20 years in this industry.

But thank you so much, and I really enjoyed my time at the ccNSO Council which is not over yet. So we'll see each other at the next call. And thank you so much for everything that I enjoyed doing together. Thank you, Alejandra.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO:

Oh, Giovanni, this news, as I've told you, it's very mixed feelings because, of course, we would like you to be with us longer. But it is so nice to know that you're not going far away and that we will have you very close still. And we wish you the best and we'll see you in the next couple of Council meetings because, as you say, you're still on duty. So good luck with everything. And if anyone wants to say anything else to Giovanni right now. I see the chat is very active.

Yes, Pablo.

PABLO RODRIGUEZ: I want to thank Giovanni for all the time he's been with us. I consider him a great friend. He's a mentor. Like so many of you, I thank you for all the commitment, the long, long, long—did I say long—hours of work that you have put for everything you do. Not only for the SOPC, but everything else. I'm not going to say that I'm going to miss you because I'm confident that we will see you many more times.

Give them hell, and let's get the finances and everything else. Your input is going to be invaluable. And we really need you in that position as well. We need to clone you and put you in many places. So thank you. Big hug. Much success.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Pablo. Stephen.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: I just want to echo what Pablo said. Giovanni, you're going to be sorely missed, but you're still going to be here which is great. We still need you to run SOPC despite what side of the table you're sitting on, I think. Your work there has just been tremendous from you're taking it over. Wow, great opportunity it sounds like. Great addition to ICANN staff. And I wish you the best. Now we'll be fencing with you, I guess, in those meetings. And hopefully they'll be in person soon. Take care. Be well. Thank you.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you, Stephen. And last, Biyi.

BIYI OLADIPO: Giovanni, this is from me. I say you've been an inspiration and a very, very great leader who has shown that nothing can stop you if you want to achieve something. And it's been really, really interesting working with you. Stephen said it. Your work rate is amazing. I don't know how you do it, but you are just an amazing human being. Thank you so much for your leadership at the SOPC. And I am saying the shoes you're leaving at the SOPC are so large, I am not sure who's going to fill it. But that's just from me to you. Thank you so much for your leadership, and I wish you all the best.

ALEJANDRA REYNOSO: Thank you all that took the mic now. And since we are in the thank yous, I will just move strictly to the last item on our agenda. That is the Thank You and Welcome. Please, Kim, if you can put them up so everyone else can see them because I will read them.

Thank you, Katrina for chairing the GRC and all other work you have done as an active member of the ccNSO community. We wish you all the best and a lot of wisdom as you move to the Board, and hope you will find time to remain an active participant in the ccNSO.

Thank you, Laura Margolis. We wish you a bright future at ALAC, and we hope to keep working together.

We welcome Tatiana Tropina as the NomCom appointed ccNSO councilor. We help you find your place soon in our community and look forward to your contributions.

Thank you to the MPC, the Tech Working Group, the SOPC, and the TLD-OPS for organizing the sessions for ICANN72.

Thank you to all volunteers that contributed to the work of the ccNSO, for sharing their experiences to the broader community.

Thank you, Nigel Roberts, for your three years of service on the ICANN Board of Directors, and hope you will remain to be involved in the work of the ccNSO.

Thank you to the secretariat for their standing support, production of materials, and patience.

Thank you all for joining this meeting. The meeting is now adjourned. See you soon. Bye-bye.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Thank you, Alejandra.

NICK WENBAN-SMITH: Thank you. Bye.

STEPHEN DEERHAKE: Bye, everybody.

KIMBERLY CARLSON: Please stop the recording.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]